Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Birthday in Cambodia

My birthday began with breakfast in bed and a no work day for me (thanks Dennis).  We went to Viva Mexican restaurant to celebrate with the four elders who are here in Siem Reap, Cambodia.

We love coming to this restaurant.  It was fun to turn one year younger and celebrate with the missionaries.

I was happy to be in Siem Reap on my birthday.  All day I heard and read on facebook birthday greetings from so many friends and family.

I was surprised when the waiters and waitresses came over to clap and sing Happy Birthday.

Next was choosing the birthday flowers.  Interesting flowers to choose from.

In the end I chose the bright, happy yellow ones.  They add so much to the room.

In the afternoon Da, Dana and his sister came over with a birthday cake. What a wonderful surprise. I loved it.

 It was a delightful birthday in Cambodia.  It was cool to turn 29 again.  But the most joyful present was the birth of a new grandson Charles David Swiderski  (Charlie) - thanks Stacy and Dave.  I love being a grandma.

I later celebrated my birthday at our apartment.  We had district meeting and the we fed them lunch.  For dessert we served my birthday cake.

Dennis put multiple numbers on the cake but I still announced that I was 29 again.  It was fun celebrating again.

No comments: