Fifty years ago I was living at Centennial Apts which at that time was called Tawzer Apt. Nadine, my sister, was my roommate. I had just returned from a mission, the West German mission located in Frankfurt, Germany and the close area.
It was Oct. 18, 1968 and Dennis knocked on our door and he was invited in. He wanted to watch the Olympics on our tv. But all five of the girls in our apt. were going to a drive-in so he was invited to come with all the girls.
I had walked to my bedroom to get my blue BYU sweatshirt to go to the movie. I joined the rest of the apartment and met Dennis. Jan said, "this is Wynnette Jones and she is a returned missionary". I could see he was impressed. How refreshing.
We left with the other girls and went to a drive-in. Dennis told people where to sit and he had me sit next to him. We talked a lot and we went on a date the next night where Dennis learned he had known Cheryl, my sister, for five years.
We got married three months later in the Salt Lake temple and then moved to this duplex continuing to complete our senior year at BYU and then graduating. Dennis graduated in May, 1969 and Wynnette graduated in August, 1969.
This year we are celebrating 50 years of marriage. We love each other even more now after all these years. I am so happy to be the wife of Dennis! Being married to Dennis is the best!






No comments:
Post a Comment