We went to a reception of some friends - Siti from Tonga and Brooke from Maui.
They were happy to be married in the Laie temple.
In Hawaii that means everyone gets a buffet dinner and entertainment which was fun.
Tuesday Sister Greer posed with Chao, Eseta and Felicia who participated on the Devotional.
Friday afternoon we went to the temple.
We love having the temple so close.
We wanted to see the Iosepa (means Joseph) boat go into the ocean.
We arrived at Hukilau where the boat had been transported.
Several students and people in Laie helped with the riggings.
There have been numerous hours put into this boat, the Iosepa, for its sailing.
It is going to sail around the island of Oahu.
The Iosepa did leave Hawaiian standard time and a day later is in the ocean.
Friday night was our first Kahuku football game.
Here are Kahuku's Red Raiders ready to play.
Most of the fans wore red and cheered them on.
We loved the spirit of the audience.
Here the Kahuku band played with gusto.
We were hoping they would win the game.
They had audience support and are #5 this year.
We were not disappointed. Kahuku won 33 to 19.
Hurrah for the Red Raiders!
Saturday we went to the University of Hawaii - so beautiful.
We found the Music building where I had attended in 1972.
I looked at the bulletin board and there were many changes.
I could not find one teacher from 42 years ago that I knew.
But here I was celebrating my graduation of August 1972.
It was worth the effort to get my Masters of Music Education.
Having gone to school at the U. of H. has improved my life.
I could not have done it without the support of Dennis.
Thanks Dennis for supporting me.
The end of a great day can always be a swim at the beach.
We are loving it here in Hawaii.
No comments:
Post a Comment