It was 40 years ago that we met at Centennial apartments on Oct. 18, 1968. To celebrate we went out to dinner and Dennis bought me perfume and flowers. In addition, we decided to go to the apartment where we met and I was going to wear a blue sweatshirt and jeans like I did forty years ago. Dennis knocked on the door 40 years ago thinking he would watch the Olympics with friends (my roommates) when we all decided to go to a drive-in. Dennis made sure to sit by me and we started dating. Three months later we got married. We have a wonderful marriage! I really love Dennis even more 40 years later; he's my guy.

Wynnette at Centennial Apartments

Dennis knocking at the door to Apartment 12 (Wynnette's apartment)

Wynnette walking out and meeting Dennis for the first time (well 40 years later)

Dennis came over to watch the Olympics that night

Love at first sight!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you started a blog! It looks great.
40 Years. That is wonderful! I love the pictures of the apartment.
I love this entry and am glad you relived this history. 40 years has been a great life so far and gald I could be a part of it!
You guys are sooo rad!
Post a Comment